Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thoughts

I've been thinking a lot lately. 'Bout stuffs. About humans and our place. I have a lot of thoughts and I'm not going to share them all right now. (Truthfully I am distracting myself from homework for a second because I'm doing math and I'm not exactly sure what all the squiggles are in front of me and I'm thinking and GAH!) But my thoughts are like stars I cannot fathom into constellations. There are so many and they don't all fit together because some aren't the right pieces, the lines don't connect. "And I just want someone to hear what I have so say. And maybe if I talk long enough, it'll make sense."
The conquistadors, I've been learning about them (and thinking about them). Was what they did wrong? Should they get off the hook since what they thought what they were doing was right? No. They were human, and broken like all of us. We are all broken, but that doesn't necessarily take away out capability of doing good things, because humanity is good. Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward. There is always good left in the broken, like ruins of a castle. Broken, but you can still tell what it is and what it once was (and how beautiful it was).
I don't really know what so say or how to say it and I should do homework, but I'm still trying to digest this and play around with it in my head (which makes it really hard to do math, by the way). And maybe if I talk long enough, it'll make sense.

4 comments:

Scott said...

And the castle may yet be restored or even better, made new. Great writing Emma. Can I share this post?

Emma said...

I guess so

Bridgett said...

"Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward. There is always good left in the broken, like ruins of a castle. Broken, but you can still tell what it is and what it once was (and how beautiful it was)."

That is amazing. And I read it and think of my friend John who lived with us this summer.

Emma said...

Thanks :)
That first part was actually from Job.