Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter (continued from yesterday's post)

I just love grandma's house.  In the middle of nowhere, though not far from the nearest town with a gas station.  Perfect.

It actually gets dark.  Quiet.

And it's beautiful.  I just love giong outside.  You think you're alone.  Then you take a listen.  You're not.  I hear the sound of a white-throated sparrow call resound through the timber.  I will never tire of that sound.

The trees all look like they're dead.  But they're not.  One morning you'll wake up, and it's like God just nudged them and whispered, "Okay, it's time to wake up guys."  So pretty.

It doesn't really fit into the whole nature tree-hugger theme here.  I wish it was a horse, but I just love to ride the four-wheelers.  It's so fun.  My uncle cut paths all around in the tall grass in his yard.  I just love to zip through and listen to the dog panting behind me.

No comments: