Monday, October 31, 2011

Shawnee National Forest and Stuff

So my weekend was awesome. I went to Shawnee National Forest with nine girls from my girl scout troop.

Garden of the Gods was my favorite although I've no idea why it's called that. It was beautiful but the toilets were the worst I've seen yet. There were these other old-fashioned ones at camp Cedarledge, but they did not have electricity so I could not actually see them. Ha ha!

The iron furnace was creepy. And that's exactly what it is. An iron furnace. In the middle of nowhere.

So was Dickson Springs. Kinda like a creepy old weird abandoned place that maybe people used to go there and maybe it wasn't creepy then. But it did have a very good hike.

Oh yeah there was Cave in Rock. It was a cave in a rock. But it was very cool. And the Ohio River was right there. So now I've touched the Ohio River.

Bridgett's blog has pictures.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

It was a really good trip!