Friday, July 26, 2013

14

I am now 14. And therefore, obviously, more awesome than I was before I was 14.

The party was very fun. I am really bad at bowling. But it was fun even though I am very bad at bowling. There was pizza and ice cream cake.

My friends know me so well. They all got me books and index cards & pens. Also washi tape. Awesome.

On my actual birthday, we went bike shopping in the morning. Then we went to PF Chang's for lunch where I had crispy honey chicken and an amazing dessert that had peanut butter in it. Afterwards we went back to the bike place to pick the bike up. When we got home we went for a bike ride.

After riding it a few times, I decided to name her Phyllis. Like in the Flavia de Luce books, Flavia's bike is named Gladys. I think it's so cute.


I invited my friend Lindsey over to help me rearrange my books, since the current arrangement didn't allow space for additions, and I know that she is the kind of awesome person who would actually want to do that.

We had already deshelved my other books and were trying to decide how to organize all of them (we went for alphabetical by the first letter of the author's last name). I picked up one of the new books and said, "hey, I haven't even smelled these yet!" and proceeded to sniff them. "I think this one smells the best," I said, setting the book down. 

"Let me smell," said Lindsey. After a moment she said, "I agree. Fahrenheit 451 definitely smells the best." 

We laughed. We are such dorks. I love that.

Needless to say, now I am reading Fahrenheit 451.

I quite like it so far.

Anyway.

Thanks, guys.

I had an awesome birthday.

No comments: