Monday, May 9, 2011

GS Camping

This time I have pictures.

My daisy friend was Laney (not her real name...) .  She was so cute!

The beds.  I was next to Abigail and on the other side of me were the Bridget[t]s.


The shower house was next door.  But, if you use the shower house, you have to clean the shower house.

We stayed at Petite Chalet, which according to Genevieve means small castle in french.  I think that is hilarious for whatever reason. 


The fake Indian names are pretty funny too.  Like, we stayed next to Tanda, Ahwenasa, and Kiamecia, all permanent tents.  Heh.

The daisies came out for the day but didn't stay the night.  We climbed up a 'mountain' on Pioneer Trail, elevation like 815 feet or something.  Poor daisies.  Then after that we went on a creek walk where most girls found interesting rocks and fossils, which of course had to be shared afterwards.  Molly found a wolf spider, so of course everyone had to crowd around and get their look at something that might bite them and really hurt. Bah, who cares about safety?

So then the daisies went home and there was an all-camp campfire.  Luckily, I got to stay behind with one of the Bridgets.  Phew.  And that was fun. 

In the morning it was fantastic because nobody got up and stomped around and slammed doors or whispered so loud that you would be able to hear them with your fingers in your ears.  It was good.  Then we (the juniors, not brownies--that's against the rules) did archery.  Mrs.  Wissinger was happy with Cedarledge's equipment, I think.  They actually had a bow stringer, unlike Tuckaho who had a bucket with everything thrown in it.  Good.  Only thing was, the targets were SO easy to hit 'cause they were only like less than 15 feet (or something, I'm bad at judging distances) away.  But it was good. 

And I had fun.  That's the important part, right???

PS  My science project got a blue ribbon!!!!

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

The second morning was SO MUCH BETTER than the first morning. I loved it when one girl told me "No, we were whispering VERY QUIETLY" and I just had to laugh because I could hear every word across the room with my pillow over my face!