Monday, May 23, 2011

My Weekend

It was a fantastic one.

Starting on Friday:

Got home and started frantically packing because I had a sleepover birthday party.  I say frantically because my mom (incorrectly) told me that it was to be at 5 o'clock (it was really 5:30), and it was now 4:45. 

Mrs. W, I'm going to use some of your pseudonyms, if it's okay.  Too late.

It was Bree's birthday and Fiona, Genevieve, and Felicity were there.

Before dinner, we went on kind of a scavenger hunt.  We split up into two teams; on my team was Fiona and Felictity, and Bree had her brother and Genevieve.

Each team had one side of the block.  We knocked on people's doors and politely asked if they would like to donate food to Operation Food Search.  Whichever team collected the most won, but then it was more than that; my team didn't win, but when you do something to help others your heart swells up and you get this lump in your throat that says, "this is right."

For dinner we had cheese fondue with bread, vegetables, crackers and cheese to dip into the cheese.  Afterwards there was chocolate cheesecake with strawberries on top. 

After dinner, Zelda and Travis made us go up to the third floor while they hid candy on the 1st and 2nd floors.  Then, we had to find it in the dark; although the let us have flashlights.  It was so fun! 

Saturday:

Went home from the sleepover.

There is a farmer's market in Grove Valley Park every Saturday, and my uncle sells strawberries from his farm there.  So my cousins were at our house.  It was fun, but they kinda made me tired.

For Girl Scouts we had archery in Timber Park and then afterwards we dropped out cat quilts that we made at the APA.  We had a look around.  It was so sad.  I cried.

Sunday:

Went to church. 

Had people over for dinner.

Slept in my new bed.

Monday:

Kept thinking it was Tuesday.  Don't know why. 

Went to school.

Came home. 

Did homework.

Blogged quite extensively.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Zelda loves her pseudonym, by the way.

And the APA was sad.