Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More Lincoln Logs?!

Ah, yes.  I think I am in love with them.

And this means I get to write in a country accent again!!!

A veew fr'm th' front










Polly saes hi











Th' privy    






Polly on th' pot




An' fr'm th' top (no, Polly didn' jump off th' top, she perf'ctly fine).



I like to build things.  With Lincoln logs.

Oh, on the subject of Lincoln logs, even though this has absolutely nothing to do with that, I heard a white-throated sparrow several times today.  In the summer, they go to Canada because it is too hot here.  The mnemonic to remember how they sound is "Oh, sweet Canada Canada Canada."  They sing just before they are about to take off to oh sweet Canada, home.  I heard one when I woke up, one at recess, and one when I got home.  It was so exciting.  Now the next step, to see one.  Hmm...  a bit more difficult.  On the bright side, this means it really is spring and not still winter!

No comments: