Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Writing

Don't ya love it when you get a letter?!  I do.  It is so nice.  It makes ya feel all warm on the inside and then you write back with a shaking hand because you are so excited.

On the writing topic, I also love to journal.  While I listen to the radio on my alarm clock and sing along... because that's what everyone doees, right???

But not diaries.  Diaries are only for emergencies when, instead of writing in it, you feel like tearing it up.  Hee.

Then blogging, that's almost like cheating.  Wait a second!

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

When I was in 8th grade, I maintained correspondence with 6 overseas penpals and three friends in the states--all by US Mail, because that was long before email or blogging! 4 of my penpals were in Eastern Europe and the following year, I was able to witness through *their* eyes the fall of the Communist Bloc countries and reconstruction/unification. It is something I couldn't replace with a history textbook, ever.

Scott said...

Emma you are a great writer. This post is short and sweet, but full of emotion and descriptive narrative. The shaking hand comment is a perfect way of capturing the excitement of that moment and this one: "Diaries are only for emergencies when, instead of writing in it, you feel like tearing it up." shows such insight in to you and also how everyone feels about their deepest thoughts. I am so excited to be your Dad.