Sunday, January 16, 2011

Girl Scout Camp

This weekend our Girl Scout troop went camping at camp Tuckaho.  It was very fun.

At the lodge we stayed in, there were no beds, only mattresses.  I slept in the same row as SW,  PW, FL, and GC.  We were all early birds, which is good, otherwise I would of been awake all night.

On Saturday we basically just hung out.  Some people went out to play in the snow.  We tried to sled without sleds, which didn't really work, so we just rolled down the hill (which was awesome) instead.  When we got back I did some knitting (I'm making a scarf) and then me SW, PW, and FL did some tumbling on our beds since they were on the floor.  We also played Bananagrams, which is a really fun game where each person basically is making their own board out of the tiles they have.

We also earned some badges. 

First we worked on the 'sew simple badge.'  We decorated socks and made fun things.  I made a sock puppet out of mine and my baby sister Esther is afraid of it.

We also earned the theatre badge.  We played group scherades and it was really funny.  After that we split into groups and made up skits.  My group (me, JB, MB, NS) made one about a crazy teacher and two students who won't stop picking their noses.  I played the teacher, MB and NS were the students, and JB was the principal.  It was so fun.

Overall, it was really fun and I'm really glad that I went.

No comments: