Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The School I Love

So it's Tuesday. 

On Monday it was my mom's birthday.  It was great.  Grandma Linny got to come down and visited and babysat while mom, dad, & some of their grownup friends went out to eat.  We got her some cooking utensils and I am struggling to knit her a scarf without giving up because I am tired of the sick green color I so poorly chose.  Grandma taught Abigail how to knit, too.  Yay.  Anyhoot, we had tiramisou (I doubt that's spelled correctly, the spell check is confusing!) and it was a great time.  Just for the record, I made the best birthday card in the history.  Happy birthday, momma!

So at school I had/HAVE a bunch of catching up to do.  Especially, well, everything.  In math there is a new POW (problem of the week)  and a bunch of jumbled up Pascal and Fibonacci.  The Declaration of Independence keeps poking it's way back into the curriculum.  And all of the writing assignments that have piled up.  Gee, I wish I could write this good in my homework journal!  I guess I'm better at blogging.  Maybe it's just cause I actually want to do this. 

And the Junior Achievement people came.  I seriously thought that they were just off of work (they're volunteers [I think]) because they have these uniforms that look like the scrubs that nurses wear.  Or maybe they were nurses.  Who knows?

No comments: